Welcome to The Friends of St Bartholomew's Church, Prospect, NSW Australia.
The Friends of St Bartholomew's, supported by Blacktown City Council, will host the Annual Back to St Bartholomew's Day at St Bartholomew's Church and Cemetery
29th April, 9am to 3pm.
On this Back to St Bartholomew's Day,
Saturday, 29th April 2017, come along and register at our Family Connections table and maybe discover unknown relatives.
Back to St Bartholomew's Day is a fun and educational, annual family event.
Have a look at some photos of last years 10th anniversary day on our Events page.
The Formation of the Friends of St Bartholomew's
A public meeting was called on 5 April 2005 at Blacktown City Council to establish an advisory committee under s355 of The Local Government Act to be known as the Friends of St Bartholomews. Nominations were taken from the 5 local historical societies and community representatives to form a committee, The inaugural meeting for The Friends of St Bartholomew's was held on 30 May 2005.
The Committee aims to work with Blacktown City Council to publicise the heritage value of the Church and its surrounds, to assist Council to fundraise for the restoration of the graves and the church building, to provide educational programmes and community involvement, and mainly to protect and preserve the integrity of St Bartholomew's, "our church on the hill".
The first few months were spent working out a set of guidelines for the committee's operations. Council designed and printed two brochures for the promotion of St Bartholomew's, Prospect, one of which contains a general membership form.
Nowadays, the committee aims to enlarge membership and work towards our ideas and plans for the future care of the St Bartholomew's property.
photo: courtesy Prospect Heritage Trust
Aims of the Friends of St Bartholomew's
- To assist Council to protect and conserve the integrity of St Batholomew's Church and Cemetery in the physical, philosophical and spiritual sense with regard to Council guidelines and policies now and in the future.
- To provide educational programmes concerning occupants, needs and traditions of the cemetery, Church and surrounds.
- To enjoy the fellowship of all persons concerned with St Bartholomew's Church and Cemetery.
- To assist with fundraising for conservation and development of the site.
- To assist in open days, tours, staff stalls etc. to promote St Bartholomew's Church and Cemetery.
- To assist in collecting, cataloguing, exhibiting and maintaining any artefacts in connection with the history of St Bartholomew's Church and Cemetery.